Sunday, 9 December 2012

Remember Me...? I'm the one who links you.

Because of hide-and-seek act recently on the blogging front it's been a while since I've provided you with links. And, since link sharing is one of the first rules of good blogging here's a few slew of them to tide you over during this lazy Sunday...

Good writing ahead...

One of my favourite articles in the last few weeks is this interview that the excellent Jose (Pop Matters, Movies Kick Ass) did with the equally excellent Cheyenne Jackson (singer, actor, songwriter, all-around great guy). link Cheyenne answers the questions with such wit and thought, I can't even pick a favourite part. The idea for him and Jane Krakowski in a Doris Day/Rock Hudson like musical? His dream role of playing the lead in Carousel? His adoration of Tina Fey! All great things.

And, while you're at it go read him making a case for Marion Cotillard's work in Rust and Bone as a worthy awards' contender. link I'm still to review that one, but I agree with his words.

There are some key ways to assure linkage from me, Nick (Cinema Romantico) knows most of them. For example, write some kind words on Atonement and I'm there. link The link takes you a reworking of his original review of Wright's film, and it's a good read.

Paolo (Okinawa Assault Incident, Paraphrased Kulchar, elsewhere) and I have this email correspondence going on and he's trying to force encourage me to review the dozens of films I've been too lazy to by reviwing all that he's seen. I like the words he devoted to Westefeldt's Friends with Kids, a fun film albeit one with some significant issues. link The cast is its highlight and it does owe something to Nora Ephron/Nancy Meyers.
Stevee (Cinematic Paradox) is hosting a blog-a-thon to find out which persons you'd like to see streamroll through the current awards' season - but probably won't. Which actor/director/production designer/cinematographer do you want to make the case for that needs the attention? link Get your thoughts in by the 12th.

Amir (Amiresque) does not care for Kylie's song in Holy Motors (alas) and he does love the film either, but he offers some thoughts on why he didn't but still found much to appreciate. link Boo, Holy Motors is another one I've been meaning to review...

Yojimbo (Let's Not Talk About Movies) gives a look at the entire of James Cameron's oeuvre. link My love for Titanic is boundless and a not as boundless fan of Avatar, too, neither of which Yojimbo is especially fond of.

Tim (Antagony and Ecstasy) is one of the best film writers on the interweb, so even though we might think we've read enough critical analyses of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings, his essay is still worth a read. link He's not quite as exuberant in his love for it as I would (because I love this movie) his dissection of what it gets right and not quite right is a fine read.

And, to end on a triple note. Last night I published my thoughts on a nagging film related issue, and I'm but one in a group of bloggers who are still charmed by the cinema but not by how it's being received. Andreas (Pussy Goes Grr) who I cited in my article wrote eloquently on strange prejudices against "art house" cinema link, Jessica (The Velvet Café) wants to know where the film fans have gone, and when they were replaced with persons looking to nitpick link and Ryan (The Matinee) is encouraging readers to express their love for film if they really are film lovers link. All three touch on valuable issues worthy of discussion.

So, you've got lots of reading to do. Go crazy.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Thank you for the link love! I'm happy to see that there are more people out there who like me still are in love with movies and want to talk about them in a positive way.

Stevee Taylor said...

Wow, we *do* have lots of reading to do! Thanks for the link - I hope you'll participate! :)

Paolo said...

Thanks for the link. And just letting everyone know that I'm just watching your and everyone else's lists now. I'm just as lazy in that I don't watch movies because I want to, there are other ulterior motives that mostly concern belonging\finally being a part of the conversation lol.

Nick Prigge said...

Thank you, my friend, as always for the linkage. I don't REALLY try to worm my way onto your link lists with posts about "Atonement."

On second thought......

Amir said...

Thanks for the link!