Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Essential Performances of the ‘90s Tournament: Quarter Finals, Showdown 2

So, your votes have chosen the eight performances which have advanced to the quarter finals of the Essential Performances of the 90s Tournament, 5 men and 3 women and  now it's time for the voting again.

The full bracket is HERE and if you’re new to the showdown, background on its genesis is HERE.

Vote in the previous poll HERE (Jodie Foster v Jeff Bridges).

Edward Norton in American History X (1998) as Eric Vinyard
"I'm not. I'm lucky. I feel lucky because it's wrong, Danny. It's wrong and it was eating me up, it was going to kill me. And I kept asking myself all the time, how did I buy into this shit? It was because I was pissed off, and nothing I ever did ever took that feeling away."
Edward Norton gained 30 pounds of muscle for his role.


Brad Pitt in Fight Club (1999) as Tyler Durden
"Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!"
Producer Ross Grayson Bell initially wanted Russell Crowe to play Tyler Durden, but he was overruled by fellow producer Art Linson, who felt Brad Pitt was the better choice. Bell has since said that he is glad Linson stepped in, as he can't imagine anyone being as good in the role as Pitt proved to be. 


 

4 comments:

Nikhat said...

Okay this is the toughest one yet for me. Gahh.

Ryan T. said...

What Nikhat said. I'm truly stumped.

Squasher88 said...

Now this is a fight I would want to see in real life!! I wonder who would win?

Andrew: Encore Entertainment said...

all so intrigued that this is one proving particularly difficult for you guys.

i love the random bit that norton stars opposite pitt in fight club.

(and shane they both are somewhat deluded, no?)