Friday, 23 March 2012

Putting it together....

You might have gleaned as much that I'm a blogging sabbatical of sorts. Well, if you didn't I am. Twas completely spontaneous, hopefully I'll be back soon. Ish. The price of art and all that.

(Incidentally, yesterday was the birthday of one of the finest artists in my estimation - Stephen Sondheim. So, here's a bit from my favourite Sondheim Score.)


Art isn't easy...  ♪

Even when you're hot

 Advancing art is easy...
 

...financing it is not
 

 A vision's just a vision if it's only in your head...

 If no one gets to see it, it's as good as dead...
  

It has to come to light.
 

 Bit by bit - putting it together.
 

Piece by piece, the only way to make a work of art
 

Every moment makes a contribution...
 

 Every little detail plays a part...
 

 Having just a vision's no solution.
 

 Everything depends on execution...
 

 Putting it together (that's what counts)
 

The art of making art is putting it together
 
 
  
Bit by bit...
 

Link by link...
 


 Drink by drink...
 

 Mink by mink...
 

 And that is the state of the art!
 


As you were.

2 comments:

Nick Prigge said...

You deserve a little break there, my man. You were putting a lot of work on the year-end topics.

And this is a still pretty extensive post for a sabbatical, I must say. I'm impressed.

Runs Like A Gay said...

Always good to have a little sabbatical every now and then - absence making the heart grow fonder and all that.

Great set of screen-caps by the way.