Saturday, 25 February 2012

Incoherent Oscar Randomness: Cate Blanchett

No, these are not predictions but they are incoherent ramblings on Oscar related loveliness…and that loveliness is Cate Blanchett. Cate’s Oscar win for The Aviator is one of my favourite Oscar moments that I caught live, and she’s so winsome I just love listening to her speak. To take a break from all the seriousness of the Oscars’ at the moment, I’m embedding her interview immediately after the Oscars’ back in 2005. There are some bits that continue to amuse me to no end. The bit I focus on is at 6:40 – 7:40.


Reporter: “Cate your temperament is much more that of an actor and less of a movie star. Do you think the Oscar –?”

Cate (interrupting): “Oh, darling you’ve caught me on the wrong day.”

Reporter: “So do you think the Oscar will change –”

Cate: “Will change my – of course, you asshole!”

(Laughter)

She veers off into praise for Martin Scorsese (!!!!) and then return to the question…

Cate: “I can’t remember what you asked me…something about me becoming a diva? Just you wait!”

Cate Blanchett is delightful. I rest my case. See, good things can from the Oscars’, right?

No comments: