Tuesday, 17 January 2012

"Oh, you forgot your birthday, didn't you, Frank?"

...or dropping the ball, aka the third....
                   
Ummm, it's not as if I've been particularly busy but I forgot that the 8th (two Sundays ago) was my blog anniversary, the third ones. Usually, I take a day out to make mentions of the past year in blogging (year one, year two) but as I said it straight slipped my mind, which is sort of a shame because I'd have liked to shine a light on the great bloggers I've grown fonder of in this past year (but, that's why I've got a ton of blogs on the blogroll to the right). Otherwise, this is simply serving as a footnote in my blogging posts to remind me to be more assiduous and whatnot with the blogging in the coming year.
          
I've sort of dropped not only the celebration of the blog anniversary, but the memory of a number of features like Forgotten Characters (which shall return next week as I recap 2011 in film), Failure to Launch, Pilot Me, The Spinoff...Sunday saw a tentative return of Scene On a Sunday. Although, it's really up to you if I resuscitate them or no. To all the people who've been steadfast readers from the beginning - thanks a million. To the newer but just as stalwart visitors, your support, too, is appreciated. I'm loathe to call out anyone specifically, but you know who you are. Here's to another year of not terrible meandering cinematic discussions.
            
Thanks for reading.
 
PS. My name's not Frank, obviously, it's a quote from a movie...bonus points if you can tell me which without googling.

5 comments:

Jose Solís said...

Happy birthday blog!

Fritz said...

Happy anniversary!!!

Nick Prigge said...

Happy birthday! And I, for one, love Scenes on a Sunday. Very much.

Univarn said...

Congrats on hitting 3 years Andrew! Here's to many more!

Dave Enkosky said...

Congratulations on the anniversary! I've just discovered your blog only recently, and I just wanna say keep up the good work.