Friday, 4 November 2011

I’ll Build A Link-way to Paradise

I've not linked in a while, but then I've not blogged in a while either, properly at least...but I digress. Take this as me sending out the love to all you great bloggers, building that stairway to. Well paradise. Duh. And, okay, so it's only got seven steps but Rome wasn't built in a day people...
           
My favourite post this week comes courtesy of Paolo (Okinawa Assault). And, really, how could it not? It's a lovely post on The Hours. He recently finished the novel and weighs in on some of its themes against the film.

Alex (Alex in Movieland) finished rewatching the five 1985 Best Actress contenders and settled with a winner of whom I completely approve.

Stevee (Cinematic Paradox) gives a thoughtful review of Bridesmaids, and I'm not just saying that because I agree with some of things that she said. Since we're down that road of people who agree with me I've got to turn this somewhat old from Andrew (Andrew at the Cinema), he shares my name and he shares my thoughts on Tadjedin's Last Night. I film I did not love.
      
Just for good measure, here's what Ben (Runs Like A Gay) thought of Contagion. He doesn't quite love it, unfortunately, but he sure does raise some good points about it.

Kate Winslet is lovely, that we know, and Ruth (Flix Chatter) submits five performances of hers worth feting. I LOVE her #1 choice.
             
I've never seen The Princess Bride. There's a copy of it at home, I know I saw it last week, but I've never actually been interested in seeing. CS (Big Thoughts From A Small Mind) mentions a favourite scene of his from it, pointing me to the fact that Mandy Patinkin is in it which is something I did NOT know. It certainly does make me interested. Should I bite?
          
Help me build my stairway, choose a link that's worth your time from one of your fellow bloggers. Shoot.

4 comments:

CS said...

Thanks for the link love, Andrew. My co-writer Jenny (aka JBT) actually wrote the piece but I second her sentiments on the film. The Princess Bride is a perfect film to watch when you need a pick me up. Take the bait, sir. :)

Alex in Movieland said...

thanks for the link :)

Paolo said...

Thanks for the linkage, Andrew. I knew that you were gonna like it and I haven't even had the space to touch on Kidman's perf.

Stevee Taylor said...

Thank you for the link!