Monday, 10 October 2011

"No, I want to hire the Sopranos to beat the shit out of him with a hammer!"

 

I adore Max Minghella's performance inThe Social Network which, in the grander scheme of things probably doesn't mean much because he's in very little of the actual film. It's one of the reasons he appeared on my list of favourite forgotten characters of 2010. How many would actually remember that he played Divya Narendra without googling it? He's just so personable here...and so different than he was in Agora. I'm still hoping he has a fruitful career ahead of him.
         
Do you remember Max?

9 comments:

MovieNut14 said...

I still think you like Max because his father made The English Patient.

Vancetastic said...

I do remember him!

http://theaudient.blogspot.com/search/label/max%20minghella

(Sorry, not an attempt at shameless self-promotion -- just a coincidence that we both happened to write a "Max Minghella is awesome" post.)

Simon said...

I don't know, he tends to bring back Art School Confidential flashbacks...

Ryan T. said...

I remember him. And he was great in Agora. He has a bit role in Ides of March which I saw this weekend. He needs more Agora-like role which is to say playing a lead.

Stevee Taylor said...

I loved him in The Social Network. I've just about finished watching Agora and he is really good in that. I really like the guy.

Andrew: Encore Entertainment said...

anna it's plausible.

vance not shameless self promotion. i'm glad i'm not the only one who appreciates him.

simon oh, you, and your utterances...

ryan i sort of like how organic his career is going, starting out with these bit parts. hopefully a plum lead role is imminent.

oooh. did you like agora? wasn't rachel brilliant?

Candice Frederick said...

i LOVE him in this movie! did they ever call him by his character's name in it?

Stevee Taylor said...

I did quite like Agora! Rachel was brilliant!
That reminds me, have you ever seen a little film called Elvis and Anabelle, which had him in it?

Andrew: Encore Entertainment said...

candice i think they call his name when they're listing the appellants in the deposition scenes.i do remember them calling his first name and thinking, but hey...max isn't eastern asian, is he?

stevee i have not. i suppose i'll have to hunt that down.