Friday, 16 September 2011

"I'm a BRUNETTE!"

Ah, Jennifer Tilly. She's such a specific actress that I feel she was a bit ahead of her time. The nineties were all about diversity, but if Tilly was born now she'd have a slew of roles with her in the lead performing her shtick to enthralled audiences. She's not cinema's finest actor, but she is fun to watch. Even though she was nominated for her work in Bullets Over Broadway, it's her hilarious bit role in Liar, Liar which I always remember first.
Happy birthday, Jen.

2 comments:

Walter L. Hollmann said...

I'm not even embarrassed that I always think of her as Jennifer Love Hewitt's mom in House Arrest, even though I saw that film well after Liar Liar, The Cat's Meow and Bullets Over Broadway. Something about her being a sexy momma just...yes...well...

Luke said...

That's a good point. I feel like she might've thrived in today's women-in-comedy push. She'd fit right in with the funny lady crew. And Liar Liar is totally made by she and Swoosie Kurtz, in my opinion.