Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Random: The Parent Trap

Is it possible to not like The Parent Trap? Okay, don’t answer that. No, I’m not binging on Lindsay – even though I was thinking about Mean Girls the other day. Today is Natasha Richardson’s birthday and I hate to admit it, but it’s the first role of hers that always comes to mind. When she died the first thing I thought was that it’s a shame she never did more films. I really think she’d have killed it as a comedienne, which is precisely why I love her work in The Parent Trap.
            
When I was young and making my fake “awards” ballots I remember having her on my list of favourite supporting performances which is – I admit, an overstatement but I was am crazy child man...
Still, she’s so hilarious in this, no?

5 comments:

Joanna said...

I love The Parent Trap! It is bittersweet to watch now after Natasha's death and Lindsay's downward spiral.

Robert said...

I agree with Joanna! I feel the same way. "Parent Trap" was a huge part of my childhood, and Natasha is really wonderful in it.

Jose said...

She was adorable in this! And LiLo was so cute too!
RIP Mrs. Neeson.

Chelsea said...

I adore this movie! I admit that I still watch it now and then. It's such a feel-good movie! Lindsey used to be so adorable. Richardson was hilarious, especially in the scene of which you've put up a photo. Such a shame that she never did more comedy. RIP

anahita said...

One cannot deny the epicness of this film. It's just so fun and shameless :)