Thursday, 19 May 2011

Links Fell Down

Yeah, I had a link post recently but more is always more and there are some more posts that have been quite interesting. This review of Ric's for example of The Social Network is quite perceptive.
    
 The Mad Hatter has a question for you. Which DVD’s do you own that you never watch? I actually have a number of extraneous DVDs, I should probably get rid of them, but I’m a hoarder.

Remember Being Julia? I’m a big fan of it, it has its issues but it’s much wittier than you’d anticipate and Bening is just phenomenal in it. It’s a short review, but Yojimbo points out some astute points of it.

I linked to CS’ last smackdown between Scarlett and Natalie but I find this one even more interesting (even if it’s easier to judge). He asks us to choose between Spielberg and Scorsese. You know who’s camp I’m in, but I sure would like to know what you think.

I love this post from Tom on Next to Normal. No, I haven’t been lucky enough to see it, but I do love the cast recording – the music is PHENOMENAL!!!!

and to close, Peter Bogandovich (yes, THE Peter Bogandovich) offers up an excellent look at one of the issues with The Philadelphia Story. Now, you know how much I love the Hepburn/Grant/Stewart flick but I will admit that the points are excellent.

2 comments:

The Mad Hatter said...

Thanks for the shout-out dude! i was about ready to say "Screw it, I'm not posting tomorrow" when the idea for that post hot me...so it's nice to see a last-ditch effort get some love.

Yojimbo_5 said...

Thanks for the mention...and glad to see you're reading "The Bog," too!