Monday, 16 May 2011

I'll Be Seeing Links: 5 times

My favourite post this week is a two-way tie. The first comes courtesy of Yojimbo in celebration of Katharine Hepburn’s birthday last week Yojimbo takes a look at a scene from On Golden Pond (her fourth Oscar winning performance.)
           

The second is from Walter who’s spending May looking at the 1974 Oscar categories and takes a look at the supporting actress race. I’ve seen each of these films but my memory is vague on all the performance. I remember loving Ladd, but it’s really al foggy.
              
Anna continues her work on Counterfeit Casting deciding who she’d cast in a biopic on Errol Flynn. If you have to ask me who’s my pick you haven’t been reading this blog.
    
CS asks us to make an interesting choice: Natalie Portman or Scarlett Johansson. I don’t the choice is as simple as everyone is making it out to be…

Kai and Dylan have teamed up on a new joint-blog of theirs. Here’s Kai’s post on the 10 best cast comic book heroes.

4 comments:

TomS said...

In the '80's I kept telling myself that if I could do a biopic of Errol Flynn, I would cast no one but Kevin Kline. Alas, he may not be right for it now....but man, thay have a great resemblance, and an amazingly similar physicality!

MovieNut14 said...

I had to include Law for that one for two reasons:

1) to appease you, and

2) to ponder what he would've done with a more expanded part.

Oh, and thanks for the linkage.

Walter L. Hollmann said...

Thanks for the linkage, and for the superlative! Ladd *is* fabulous, she's my favorite part of the film.

Meanwhile, I pick Jude Law for Flynn (we've seen the promise, now it's time to witness the magic), and Scarlett over Natalie, though I love them both.

CS said...

Thanks for the link love, Andrew. I am in the Scarlett camp as well. Blogger mysteriously erased my original post comments where I stated why. Blogger is probably in the pro-Portman camp. LOL.