Monday, 13 September 2010

I Can't Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I explained this before: I don't watch movie trailers, well unless I'm under duress. But i figure the rules are different for TV movies. Nonethless, you know Mildred Pierce, right? Joan Crawford won her Oscar for the film? You heard about the remake with Kate Winslet and Evan Rachel Wood? Here's the trailer.
Holy crap, this looks good. And though I still think Leighton Meester is an obvious choice to play Winslet's daughter this just looks too good. I. Can't. Wait.

5 comments:

Alex in Movieland said...

am I the only one who didn't enjoy the trailer THAT much??? :) it looks ok, I'm sure it will get all possible awards, but SOMETHING didn't feel right... did I expect to be classier, more stylish??!! It's Todd Haynes, but I didn't feel a mood :(

or maybe I can blame Evan Rachel Wood, who i never really liked. yes, I don't feels she feels right in the part. :(

Simon said...

It will be visually stunning, at least.

Jose said...

Ugh Leighton as Veda would've been PERFECTION.

Colleen said...

I LOVE trailers! I would pay to sit and watch an hour of trailers. Except the ones that give the whole plot away. Those suck! I will basically see anything with Kate Winslet, so I'm in.

Andrew: Encore Entertainment said...

alex i don't know, i just sort of fell in love with this trailer. i like how it looks, i like how it sounds and it looks like it'll be even better than the original, which i have a VERY soft spot for.

simon definitely, visually stunning is a given.

jose i know, right? no slight to evan, but i think leighton would be perfection as veda and she looks like a young, thinner version of kate to me sometimes (circa: titanic)

colleen really? that would be so weird. but yes, kate winslet's inclusion alone was enough for me.