Did anyone watch Grey’s Anatomy’s season finale last Thursday? Season six has been a bit hit and miss, and without Izzie something just a feel a little off, I’m no fan of those Mercy Westers. Still, everyone knows that if one thing’s notable about Grey’s Anatomy it’s that the season finale is usually quite strong, and last Thursday’s double dose of “Sanctuary / Death & All His Friends” was easily one of the best instalments of the last season.
– Chandra Wilson is still one of the best actresses on television and it’s an affront that she’s still Emmy-less. At this point, I’m not hopeful that she’ll ever win the prize. She’s done her best work in Seasons Two through Four (she was actually the best thing in the stodgy season Four) but she’s been passed over continually. The highlight of the show has always been the acting and Wilson, Pompeo, Chambers and Ramirez each brought their A-game. Incidentally, these five continue to be the best actors on the show (even if Chambers and Ramirez are never remembered for their work).
– Dr. Webber (aka James Pickens Jr.) was on the ball throughout the episode. He’s been battling with his alcoholism for some time now, and it was a good moment seeing him confront those issues in attempt to save his hospital. I suppose this would mean that he returns to his job as Chief – and really, it’s about time. Derek really wasn’t the man for the job.
– Was it just me…or was anyone else thinking that they’d kill off Patrick Dempsey? Really, I wouldn’t have been too sad about it. For someone with so many admirers he strikes me as one of the blandest leading ladies. I now in the whole MerDer legend, Meredith is the one everyone hates but I’ve never liked the two together.
– What ever happened to Mandy Moore? Every now and then Mandy Moore reminds me that she’s just a little better than people give her credit for. Sure, her guest performance consisted mostly of playing dead and fumbling with bedpans – not exactly heavy lifting. But it did remind me of the promise she has (had?).
– Where do we go from here? Is Meredith going to get depressed, dark and twisty because of her miscarriage – I’ll admit I like dark and twisty Meredith. Are Lexie and Alex going to hook up? God, I hope not. That’s a loathsome idea. Back in season four I had thought that he and Cristina were heading somewhere (granted, back in season three I thought he and Meredith were heading somewhere)…so I’m probably not a good judge of these things. And with Hunt finally manning up and choosing Cristina does this mean Teddy will finally be leaving? I sure hope so…
Ranking the Seasons…
Ranking the Season Finales…
Did you watch the season finale? Thoughts? How would you rank the finales and the seasons?