Saturday, 22 May 2010

The Musical Blog-a-thon

Hello there, folks. Next Sunday - the 30th - I'm hosting a blog-a-thon here celebrating musicals. Why? Because May begins with an M and so do musicals (yes, that's my logic). I sent out emails inviting you all to participate, if you didn't get an email it means I don't have your address. So, I'm inviting you now, and reinviting those that know of it. What do I ask of you? Not much - you know I'm not demanding...

Ideally your entry would be on your favourite musical, the one you consider the best or the most fun. Of course, you have the option of not writing about your favourite, but ideally, that’s the idea.
           
No strict rules, as I said before – a review, a few notes, a general lecture anything you choose. Just one thing I’m looking for, what makes it your favourite musical – what makes it special? Why is it worth our time?
       
A few bloggers asked if they can write on more than one. Sure, as I said ideally it's one - your favourite, but if you can't decide on one and have a tie, do so by all means!
Anytime Sunday before 12:00 would be a good time to post your entry, although you can do so before if you wish. Just send me the link to your post by 1:00 PM - (standard time), so I can get it posted by the end of the day!
These ladies look so pensive because they want to know if you picked them!
       
SPREAD THE WORD...

12 comments:

Jess said...

M was all I needed to come up with my Monday Musicals feature! I'll be happy to write a post for this feature, and double it up on mine!
Thanks

joe burns said...

I'm in! I'm not sure which one to write about though since I love so many!

Simon said...

What up with all the blogathons lately? This is exhausting.

I do suppose I could clear my schedule to sing the praises of 'Pierrot le fou' (which has at least one random musical number, therefore, it's a musical, so shut your faces).

Robert said...

Working on it as we speak! This should be a lot of fun, I can't wait! :)

Wild Celtic said...

I'll try and get something to you. What about March, hmmmmm? :) Musicials in may is very nice. LOST is ending tomorrow!! OMG! (apologies)

Chase Kahn said...

"Pierrot le fou" has two definite musical numbers and one of them is brilliant ("Ma ligne de chance...ma ligne de chance!") - I say do it.

And I'd love to spout on about one of my favorite musicals, so I'm in.

Alex in Movieland said...

oh, I just hope nobody picks mine :P

...which I judge as a favorite movie and not by the music. I guess that's how it should work, right?

CrazyCris said...

Count me in! Although.. how to choose? ;o)

I already blogged about my favourite a year ago when Nathaniel was doing his "Monthly Musicals"
http://crazycrishereandthere.blogspot.com/2008/12/meet-me-in-saint-louis.html

Maybe instead of going for my favourite I'll blog about one I'm watching for the first time... (I just got Summer Stock on dvd, had never heard of it but jumped on a dvd with Judy Garland and Gene Kelly on the cover!)

Mike Lippert said...

Count me in.

TomS said...

I wrote a few months ago about my favorite musical...can I give you a link to that post? ~Tom

Andrew: Encore Entertainment said...

everyone thanks for the interest. looking forward to your posts...

toms sure you can, even if you wrote about it though you can always just write a short note or something...no biggie.

cris i'll link to your older post, but a year ago is so long i'm sure you can think of more to say :)

Bryce Wilson said...

So in...