Tuesday, 2 March 2010

Care to Wager?

I'm still having some technical problems so I've been sort of a phantom presence on the internet. Sorry. If all goes well I'll finally be releasing the winners of my Encore Awards on Saturday. I know you're probably dying to know the results. I'll be back later in the week (hopefully sooner, like tomorrow) I'll be back continuing my Decade in Review: Performances - which have been as atypical as I am. My next performance (back to the women) will be my only musical citation. So whoever pops up next is my favourite musical performance of the decade? I know who mine is? Who do you think it is? Or better yet, what's been your favourite musical performance of the decade?

4 comments:

Robert said...

There are too many great ones to choose from! However one that stands above all is Bjork in "Dancer in the Dark". Two other fantastic performances that come to mind are Amy Adams in "Enchanted" and Helena Bonham-Carter in "Sweeney Todd".

TomS said...

Jennifer Hudson singing "And I am Telling You...." in "Dreamgirls" made my hair stand up.....

The Renee Zellweger/Richard Gere "marionette" number in "Chicago" was one of the most fun moments of the musical decade.

I'll probably wake up in the mioddle of the night thinking of others....

Luke said...

Hmm... methinks it might be Nicole in Moulin Rouge... seems like a plausible guess, no? As far as my personal favorite, I'm going to have to go with TomS's first mention - I'm a sucker for J. Hud.

Andrew: Encore Entertainment said...

robert i do need to seedancer in the dark, but i'm glad to see someone else touting hbc.

tom i love that marionette number. i like dreamgirls but i'm not too hot on j-hud.

luke gah. satine did not make it (sigh). she was heavily fighting for #16/#15. :(