Monday, 8 February 2010

Jack, James and Lana

It's the 8th of February and I realise I'm a bad Jack Lemmon fan. I've never seen him in a bad performance, but I've not seen enough of his work - hopefully I can ammend that this year since I need to see his Oscar winning turn in Mister Roberts. Still, today is the birthday of this solidified star and if I have time after my exams I'll celebrate by watching one of the greatest cinematic performances of the 60s. 
If you could only watch one of his films today...which would it be? Or will you be seeing Peyton Place and Rebel Without A Cause celebrating Lana Turner and James Dean?

5 comments:

Alex in Movieland said...

The Apartment, because I've shamefully never seen it. But who can find time with all these 2009 films I still need to see (again)

Jess said...

Definitely 12 Angry Men, or the Apartment. Good movies.

Jose said...

"Some Like It Hot"! I'm in need of a good laugh.

Andrew: Encore Entertainment said...

alex the apartment is ALMOST perfect. scratch that, it's perfect.

jess both good choices.

some like it hot billy wilder was a bit of a genius indeed.

Tom said...

I love Jack. You got me thinking about whether or not he ever gave a lousy performance, and I can't of one.

My least favorite film with him is "The Odd Couple 2" - that was a film that didn't have to be made. Yet I can't bring myself to say that Jack gave a bad performance.