Wednesday, 23 December 2009

2009: Where We Are This Far

2009 ends in a few days. We all know that, of course we all won't be able to see the movie we want to by the end of this year. I'm up to 37 at the moment, which is actually not too shabby. I'm taking a look at the 34 and looking forward to all that I hope to see my the end of February next year. That's my cut-off point.
          
PS. You'll notice a few grades have gone up or down a notch. Hindisght. Or lack thereof? Click on the links for reviews.
    

A
An Education
____________
A-
____________ 
B+
____________
 B
 ____________
B-
Star Trek
____________
C+
Julie & Julia
____________
C
He's Just Not That Into You
I Can Do Bad All By Myself
Into Temptation
____________
C-
Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs

I Love You, Man

Personal Effects
____________
D+
Funny People
The Blind Side
The Hangover
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Madea Goes to Jail
____________
D
Obsessed
Watchmen
____________
D-
Bride Wars
New Moon
____________
F
I Love You, Beth Cooper                 
____________

6 comments:

Alex in Movieland said...

The big question:
how did you see Avatar? :) in Imax, in 3D, in a regular theatre, on your TV, on your computer?...

Cause I won't settle for anything less than the Imax, which I'll try back home next month.

same with The Lovely Bones, which I want to see on the big screen.


I actually adventured on The Blind Side last night. I expected it to be totally worthless. It wasn't that bad and it was an easy sit-through especially after a hard day work... I WILL need to see all future Oscar nominees. And Sandra IS IN.

Andrew: Encore Entertainment said...

noooooooooo. when you say she's in...do you mean she's good for you? or is it good oscar bait?

and it was in regular theatre form :( it sucks being a film enthusiast here. at least it wasn't a screener copy. but i don't think imax or 3d would have carried it up. you can't fault the visuals.

ps. are you leaving where you are [italy i think]?

The Mad Hatter said...

Nothing this year has merited an A for you?

Alex in Movieland said...

She's in as I see her as a very very possible Oscar nominee. To me, she lacked a big Oscar scene (shocking considering how cheesy the movie is). But other than that Sandra is the only reason this Lifetime movie is watchable. She might be the least deserving of the future 5 best actress nominees, but no one can argue her incredible CHARISMA.


not Italy, but ur close. It's Greece :) u know, that European area which created a gazillion years ago such nonsense like Democracy, philosophy, arts, mathematics :P
not that much of a country right now, anyway. But as a member of Europe and the European Union, I have my pride on all of them :)

going back to Bucharest in about 3-4 weeks.

Andrew: Encore Entertainment said...

the mad hatter no, and i don't think anything will. apparently i'm an incredibly tough reviewer. i can't help it. actually i can. i just don't ;)

alex i hope you're wrong. god do i hope. and i haven't even seen it. we're already going to get that Julia Child stuff [a wasted nod] and this looks as if it could be a second. ugh. whatever.

i always get tingly about europe. although i always here bucharest and think budapest. so is your job done in greece?

The Mad Hatter said...

@ Andrew... I call foul. One film a year must merit four stars...even in hindsight. Remember - giving it such a mark isn't declaring it "perfect" - it's only labelling it as "outstanding".

Not even *one* four star movie?? THE HURT LOCKER perhaps???