Wednesday, 11 November 2009

Penny For Your Thoughts...?

Because I’m, oh-so-lofty and above those thing, I didn’t make a hullabaloo of my 100th post; which happened a few months ago. I didn’t make a big thing of my 200th post either which happened a few weeks back. I’m not a celebratory kind of person most of the time I don’t know, I don’t think it’s time to get all crazy and drink the [proverbial] champagne yet. In due time, if this space continues to be consistently sporadically filled. Still, I’m having a semi dry spell or writers’ block if you want to call it that. I’m at a loss as to what to fill the page with. It’s not that I have a topic and can’t sustain it; I don’t have a topic but I’m in the mood for writing some brainless banter. Seeing that a major part of this blog is for the readers [talking to yourself is one thing, but I draw the line at print] why don’t you tell me what to write? Well you don’t exactly have to spell out: that might be a little too pedantic. But what’s a topic you want to hear discussed.
           
Preferably, let your topic not be a movie to review. Reviews are boring me at the moment. I have seven films to review at the moment...and it’s not materialising. Which would you be most looking forward to?
            

New York/New York [Martin Scorsese]
Giant [George Stevens]
The Natural [Barry Levinson]
Dr Zhivago [David Lean]
The Deer Hunter [Michael Cimino]
The Wings of the Dove [Iain Softley]
The Talented Mr. Ripley [Anthony Minghella]
              
Make a case for your favourite. Maybe I’ll oblige you.

5 comments:

joe burns said...

The Wings Of The Dove. It would be interesting to know what you think of the whole movie, since we know how much you love H.B.C performance. Wouldn't mind you critiquing her performance though.

The Mad Hatter said...

I'm feeling nostalgic for all things 1999....thus I vote RIPLEY

CrazyCris said...

brainless banter is quite useful and can be fun sometimes! ;o)

topic, topic, who's got a topic?

how 'bout books you'd love/hate to see on screen?

hope inspiration strikes!

cheers!

Univarn said...

I would vote The Natural if for only reason than that's the only one I really care about :). Though you've read my blog, you know I'm all about a little sarcastic banter every now and then. Go on a rant, hype up or complain about something you're passionate about. Besides if you're having fun with what you're writing about so will your readers :)

Andrew: Encore Entertainment said...

Crazy Cris: Okay, that's a good idea.

Joe & The Mad Hatter: Hmmm.I'll see...:) Before December.

Univarn: You raise some good points. I do find it odd though that 'The Natural' is the only one that interests you.