Monday, 23 November 2009

Listen Up Folks!!!

This is another issue that exemplifies how unreliable absentminded careless much I have on my plate at the moment. I don't know, somethings just slip my mind, not because they're unimportant - but because I'm me. I’ll be honest; the Katharine Hepburn Awards on my sidebar slipped my mind. I’ve been collecting your votes for the final round for what seems like a lifetime. And it’s been a while. During the temporary inertia as it relates to that feature of the blog, I’ve gained quite a few more followers and visitors so I’ll just extend the invitation to them to Vote in the Awards.

Anyhow, it’s official. On the 11th of December I will finally be releasing the results for the Katharine Hepburn Awards. It’s been a few months since the list was made, the nominees and then the finalists chosen. I’m not quite certain, but I probably will be continuing with that blogathon re-scheduled for the 11h too. Katharine Hepburn has quite a vast filmography and she’s worked with a number of legends – Grant, Stewart, Olivier, Tracy, O’Toole, Hopkins, Poitier. She’s done something for every one, so you have a wide variety of choices. There’s no stipulation; you can focus on the movie itself, you can focus on the performance. You can be a lover, a hater – no pressure. Just a few paragraphs, pages on Lady Kate. Seriously, I want to hear something from all of you. Even those of you who are not exactly Classic Cinema fans. Yeah, I'm talking to you too! And you're pretty much free to pick whichever film tickles your fancy, though I hope we can exhaust the list below.
            
Adam’s Rib
The African Queen
Alice Adams
Bringing Up Baby
Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner?
The Lion in Winter
Little Women
Long Day’s Journey Into Night
Morning Glory
The Philadelphia Story
The Rainmaker
On Golden Pond
Stage Door
Suddenly Last Summer
Summertime
Woman of the Year
            
So yeah, this is me begging ordering pleading asking requesting that you polish up your writing skills for 11th of December. You'll hear more on the issue before then.

9 comments:

J.L said...

Here's the last part of "The Incredible Katharine" :)

http://awardtalk.blogspot.com/2009/11/incredible-katharine-part-2.html

joe burns said...

I need to see A LOT of films.

Alex in Movieland said...

I'd gladly come up with something, even though time is not really on my side lately...

I'll probably choose a movie i haven't seen from the list. (and i have where to choose from, like half of them at least :P )

Also, Andrew, please reply if you're passioned enough to want to see every bad movie that Kay has done :D
there's a youtube poster who keeps some old movies secret (don't know why), by not including element to find them in search engines. A good person alerted me on my youtube account about Jennifer Jones's Love Letters (1945) and I once spent like 15-20 min looking at the codified titles. There were also some 30s Katharine Hepburn, 2 or 3, i can't remember the name...

Andrew: Encore Entertainment said...

alex aren't you thoughtful. god. i'm scared to say yes, but I know even Kate hated some of her thirties stuff. she said her worse performances were quality street and sylvia scarlett, and there was this aviatrix picture that was also reportedly horrible. but i'm all for seeing as many of her films as possible.

j.l. thank you. very nice.

joe we all have to see many films:) anyhow, i'm sure there's one there [or not on the list] you can talk about.

Alex in Movieland said...

This is the link. The Kay ones are towards the middle, but i'm sure you'll also find other rare old films.
Each movie has an imdb link in the comments box, that's how u recognize it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/gomennechosakuken#p/u

joe burns said...

Well,I saw The African Queen.Really dated movie,but Hepburn was fine.

Andrew: Encore Entertainment said...

alex: thanks

joe: it is dated...sssssh...but don't tell anyone i said that...

cinefille said...

Hey there. I will probably just talk about how Katharine Hepburn is the reason why I'm studying film/a filmmaker/writing an honors thesis/when to Cannes/going to grad school for film. Super lame I know, but its the truth.

Andrew: Encore Entertainment said...

No, that would be fine. don't worry. that's actually really nice.