Friday, 9 October 2009

In A Linkin' Mood


Jesus Christ. I think I'm going to die. I wasn't exactly planning on linking today, but I have to share the news. A while ago I was salivating hoping it was true and according to Guy over at In Contention it is. Kristin Scott Thomas is reprising her Olivier Award winning role in a cinematic adaptation of Chekhov's The Seagulls. I just recently mentioned KST and this makes me very happy. And the inclusion of Carey Mulligan doesn't hurt. So all's good for me.
                                
By now you've probably heard about the Obama news. Sure I'm not American, and sure I wish Hillary had won but I'm over that. Still, ummm, what are the necessary requirements to get this award? Oh well, good for him.

                           

So Reese Witherspoon is the next on Sage's hate list. Although I was all for Keira, I would have nominated Reese. But oh well.
              

Meaghan gives a list of her fave film characters. Cool choices.
           

Univarn takes a look at one of his faves...Children of Men. Thoughts?

           
And while you're at it...here's a quiz on The English Patient. Take it if you dare. I live by the screenplay and I only got 22. Yes, only.


2 comments:

The Mad Hatter said...

I scored 18 on the quiz! Not bad for a movie I haven't watched in a year or two, based on a book I've only read once.

Univarn said...

Thanks for the linking!

I was rather surprised to see Obama win the National Peace Prize, but it's so subjective I can see it, though I don't know who he was running against. Of course the most unsurprising thing that happened is how quick Fox News was to get any person with intelligence to commentate on how bad this is for his presidency.