Monday, 5 October 2009

Breaking News

Not really, but still. I couldn't lable it fire or murder, and breaking news is the third phrase that people pay attention to. Right? To all my readers out there, business may be a little slow this week. I'm starting out at University this week so it's probably going to get a little hectic. I'm not giving up the blog though [god forbid]...but it will be in a quasi-hibernation for the next few days, maybe.

Anyhow, have you been voting in those Katharine Hepburn Awards? Have you been spreading the word? Tsk, tsk. And once again, calling out if you have a piece to contribute you'd like to contribute email me. Obviously the results are being pushed back probably to mid October.
                             
I have some interesting articles for the next time...my 25 favourite Best Actress nominees, a review of What's Love Got to Do With It, three more entries in my favourite films and my favourite Best Actor winners...but all in good time. In the meantime check out the blogs on my sidebar, and keep writing so when I'm back I'll have lots to comment on.
             
Some links to check out...
Alex has finished yet another year of Best Actress reviews. Check out the results.
James D. offers up some thoughts on The Informant!
Danny seems to be very positive about Whip It
Rae doesn't like Bright Star. I refuse to believe it's not good...but it's here for good measure
Ryan takes a look at G.I. Joe. He rates it too high.
Twister ranks some Supporting Actresses. Some interesting choices...
              
There's more...but I can't give you everything!
                     
A tout a l'heure.


6 comments:

Univarn said...

"There's more...but I can't give you everything!" Sure you can, you're just underachieving.

I'm in my 5 year of college now, graduating in the spring, and it's never really stopped me from blogging. Ironically it's when I get out of school for summer/christmas that I tend to trail off my blogging. I usually use it as an escape during school, and I'm sure I will when I get a job as well. On weeks when I do more column sort of entries its because I'm busy and can usually whip those up in about 20-30mins during a break/before bed. Good luck!

Oh, and thanks for the shoutout, even if it comes with a little backhand jab :P.

Danny King said...

Thanks for the recognition, it's always appreciated. I look forward to your Best Actor/Actress favorites.

Rae Kasey said...

Bright Star IS good, but I didn't like it.

I always hate when anyone doesn't know the distinction between "that movie was dumb" and "that movie didn't do it for me". My say on Bright Star is definitely the latter. :)

Alex in Movieland said...

Just starting University? you make me feel old. even though I'm just (almost) 23. Best of luck!

Walter L. Hollmann said...

Oh, no! Bright Star is so beautiful and moving, though! I mean, I can understand how it wouldn't work for everybody, but speaking for myself, I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!

Andrew: Encore Entertainment said...

Everyone...thanks for the words. I'll be back to posting tomorrow.

And Alex.. you sound older than 23, it's a compliment. And 23 is not old.