Saturday, 19 September 2009

You Are Cordially Invited...

In two weeks the curtains will come down on The Katharine Hepburn Awards. It’s the first time that I’ve dedicated a complete award ceremony to one star. And Kate deserves it because she’s the biggest star of them all. In celebration of the Ceremony I’m opening to the floor to your opinions on any of Kate’s performance. They can be on any films [including the five performances she’s up for]. It can be positive or even [gasp] negative; it can be a dissection or a tirade. It is all up to you. Seeing that I want this to be diverse as possible and cover as many persons as possible – but I won’t restrict you. Email me at dangerous.liaison231@yahoo.com and tell me your choice [or comment below] If you don’t have a blog you can send me your article and I will post it here. The day of the event – 3rd October.


                      
While we’re on the subject of Awards for Stars I might start another one of these sometime in mid November for another star. I’m not sure if it will be an actor though, whoever it is I know I will be rusty since there are few other than Hepburn whose filmography I have almost exhausted. I’m toying with these choices – Nicole Kidman, Martin Scorsese, Woody Allen, Judi Dench...but other than possibly Scorsese I’m not going crazy over any of them. What do you think? Do any of these float your boats? Any ideas yourself?

2 comments:

J.L said...

I've wrote a little bit about K.Hepburn, but shall write more.
http://awardtalk.blogspot.com/2009/09/incredible-katherine.html

cinefille said...

This is what happens when I'm living the life of an academic nomad. I miss things like this...