Saturday, 5 September 2009

Supporting Actress Smackdown:1993

Hello, there. If all goes well I will be participating in Stinkylulu's Supporting Actress Smackdown for the year 1993 - yes, 1993. Not a big fan of the year. Yes, Schindler's List was great...but I'm not a big fan. Off the top of my head my two favourites were probably The Remains of the Day and The Age of Innocence. But we're supposed to be talking about th Supporting Women. I know off the top of my head how I'd rate. But I have to rescreen the films just to make sure.
                                                                                             
The Nominees:
Holly Hunter, The Firm
Anna Paquin, The Piano 
Rosie Perez, Fearless

Emma Thompson, In the Name of the Father
Winona Ryder, The Age of Innocence


So...I'm starting off with Ms. Hunter in The Firm. I saw this movie once...waaay back. The book was better. But Grisham's book don't translate well to screen. That being said, this was the best adaptation of one of his novels. So look out for a review of The Firm...coming soon.

VOTE KATHARINE HEPBURN AWARDS

1 comment:

Wayne B. said...

I'm doing the same thing; just finished "The Firm,"