Thursday, 24 September 2009

I'm In Love With A Girl...25 Actually

Remember that post eons ago on my favourite actors? I found that relatively simple because there are not many actors who alone could make me want to see a film…but with the women…it is much more difficult. This is a list of the women who I follow religiously. Their presence alone often makes me go see a film…for better and for worse. I’ve been tinkering for ages…but here they are in sequential order.
               

TIER ONE


                  

TIER TWO



 
 
 
                          
TIER THREE

 
 


                 

TIER FOUR





           

TIER FIVE



 

 
 
                                      

Is there someone you don't recognise? Any surprise omissions or inclusions? Who's on your list?  
                     

9 comments:

Univarn said...

A short list off the top of my head, in no real order, would probably be:
Julianne Moore
Jane Fonda
Audrey Hepburn
Kate Winslet
Katherine Hepburn
Meryl Streep (you know it's true!)

There's lots more I would probably put on the list, but yeah. There was a time Sigourney Weaver, Diane Lane, Jodie Foster, and Nicole Kidman would have been shoe ins for the list, but these days I'd have to put them in the tier4/5 range.

Walter L. Hollmann said...

My, you have a type! Truth be told, I recognize neither the woman above Maggie Smith nor the one above Ingrid Bergman.

My first ten:
Maggie Smith
Meryl Streep
Judi Dench
Drew Barrymore
Patricia Clarkson
Bette Davis
Cate Blanchett
Julianne Moore
Audrey Hepburn
Loretta Devine

Andrew: Encore Entertainment said...

The woman above Maggie is Oliva DeHavilland...ain't she pretty? and the woman above Ingrid is Vanessa Redgrave. English Royalty...yes sir...and I must say I'm oddly cheered to see Loretta Devine on your list.

PS. When you say I have a type...do you mean Oscar actresses?

moror said...

Tilda Swinton...

Jude said...

Love Katharine Hepburn. Sad not to see Audrey Hepburn or Natalie Wood. Natalie Wood's gotta be in my top 5 I'd say.

Andrew: Encore Entertainment said...

Tilda Swinton just scares me.

Natalie Wood was actually fighting for that last spot. She's at #28 or something Jude.

Walter L. Hollmann said...

Wow, this is a late answer. Anyway: I meant that the majority appear to be blonde, no?

Nigel Maruva Chikukwa said...

Jane Fonda's fierce come-back in "Monster-in-law" should have at least made it to the Globes.

Yes, the movie was infected with rom-com cliches; However, I still enjoyed Fonda each time she sprang onto the screen.

If that doesn't get a resounding "yes" from most people, then I guess I'm all solo in this lol...

Walter L. Hollmann said...

Nigel: YEEEEES!