Wednesday, 9 September 2009

I Was Just Thinking...

After watching Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets, what happened to the guy who played Tom Riddle in the film. If you're a fan of the franchise you would have noticed that the recent film had a role for a teenage Tom Riddle. He was played capably by Frank Dillane...but wouldn't it have been cooler to see Christian Coulson in the role. I know people are going on about Dillane being way more creepy that Coulson etc...but Voldermort isn't supposed to creepy as a youth. He's good looking, and charasmatic not ingratiating and wicked...well not on the outside at least. This is not to knock Dillane's performance...but Coulson would have been good. Anyhow, I went over to IMDB and checked out his page and he has some projects lined up. I'll see how it goes.
                                                  
You decide.
Which will grow up to become Ralph Fiennes?
                     
With that being said though. I have to say that The Chamber of Secrets is the worse of the films. It's a C+ on my rating. It's a pity that people's knowledge is relegated to the films. J. K. Rowling - not a God - is a good writer. Oh, well the films have improved...
                                                              

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coulson's 30 though.

Farzan said...

Now that you brought it up, I always wondered what happened to that kid after Chamber of Secrets. Looks like nothing special.

p.s how come you didn't like Chamber of Secrets that much. I thought it was good and definitely the first time the Harry Potter movies actually got started. Prisoner of Azkaban still remains my favorite, but Chamber of Secrets was pretty good.

Andrew: Encore Entertainment said...

Chamber of Secrets just seemed too indulgent...and that last scene with the Great Hall and everyone standing up to cheer Hagrid. No one likes Hagrid...kind of silly...and the overacting of Watson and Radcliffe, even Felton. It just wasn't very good for me.

CrazyCris said...

The Chamber of Secrets is not just the worst of the movies, also of the books! Whenever I re-read or re-watch them I regularly skip that particular volume! :p

As for the actor switch... perhaps it could be an age thing? Tom Riddle in CoS was supposed to be at the end of his schooling, I believe he was Head Boy or perhaps prefect, so that would make him in Year 7 if the first or in Year 5-6 if the latter. WHile I believe the portrayal of Tom in HBP was supposed to be a couple of years earlier...

Perhaps if they had shown the "memory" (one of the man they left out, grrr!) where Tom Riddle returns to Hogwarts as an adult and asks Dumbledore for a job then they could have brought Coulson back...