Monday, 14 September 2009

Calling All Readers...Again...

Voting has closed on the choosing the nominations for the Katharine Hepburn Awards and now it is time to choose the winners. The nominees are not what I expected...but oh well, you have to know. I'll be doing some profiles on each category over the next two weeks. Voting closes on September 28th.
                                           

I suppose Alex was right when he called this the weakest category. However four of the five are Oscar nominees...so it's not that bad.
                      

As much as I like admire Anthony Hopkins I don't think he was my favourite son in The Lion in Winter. No John Castle? Surely you jest? Oh well...Dean Stockwell is there. Surprisingly none of the Oscar nominated performances got in...hmmm. And Montgomery Clift? I did not see that coming.
                                     


This is a good batch, to be honest. But no Spencer Tracy? What a travesty...and there were so many choices. I guess Kate and Spencer were not the best screen couple. We have two Oscar winning performances. Two that should have been nominated [Cary Grant, and Cary Grant], and one that should have one. This is going to be tough.
                                            

A good list...but no love for David Lean's good work for Summertime. Oh well.
                                     

It's an interesting bunch of nominees. The biggest snub for me was probably Jane Hudson in Summertime, but I suppose the film is not that popular. Two of Hepburn's Oscar winning roles are here, two other Oscar nominated and one that we'll all pretend won an Oscar.
                           

And the final category...A very good bunch. Let's see what will happen here.
                                       
Oh well, people. Enjoy voting. Spread the word...and do your worst.

PS. Contribute also...

Addendum...Voting closure has been pushed back to October 17th. I'm going to be swamped in upcoming weeks.

7 comments:

anahita said...

I sort of just voted straight for the philadelphia story. it's just such a GOOD film :)

Jude said...

WOW! I didn't know there was someone else on the web who loved Kate as much as I do. I know I haven't written about her on my blog (such a shame) but she is my FAVORITE actress ever! You should def. read Me: Stories of My Life by Kate. It's a revelation. Wow, I'm just so happy that this blog exists!

Alex in Movieland said...

how can one choose between Bringing Up Baby and Lion in Winter? :/ tough call.

Tom said...

I'm with Anahita - Philadelphia Story all the way. (and Jimmy Stewart!)

RC said...

VOtes are in!

Clarabela said...

I love Kathryn Hepburn! And Philadelphia Story is my favorite movie. But Adam's Rib is a close 2nd.

joe burns said...

I'm rooting for Kate's performance in The Lion In Winter.