Monday, 21 September 2009

The Billboard Hot 15

I used to be really into The Billboard Hot 100 back in the day…so I’m regurgitating it. Here’s what my top 15 would look like – each of these songs is in the Top 100 this week.
                         
1. Never Say Never [The Fray]
I cannot get this song out of my head…and then when I think the obsession’s over it plays again and starts all over…

                        
2. Sweet Dreams [Beyonce]
I dare you not to tap your feet…it almost makes me want to get and dance…almost.

                             
3. Use Somebody [Kings of Leon]
I’m sure they have other good music I just don’t know of, but this song is just really good. Maybe I should check them out…
                                    
4. 21 Guns – [Green Day]
I get a bit sad when I think this is being referred to as The Transformers’ song. Ugh, but oh well. Still a good song.
                             
5. I Gotta Feeling [Black Eyed Peas]
This has been getting way too ubiquitous but I still can’t resist that insane hook.
                       
6. Already Gone [Kelly Clarkson]
Halo Redux. But who cares? It’s Kelly.
                     
7. She Wolf [Shakira]
You hear the song and you realise her appeal is not just her looks. Shocking. But then we already knew that. Right?
                               
8. Obsessed [Mariah Carey]
One of those insanely stupid songs with some crazy internal rhymes that only she could make work.
                             
9. Run This Town [Jay Z, Kanye West & Rihanna]
I’ll admit the genius that is Jay Z is somewhat dimmed next to Kanye and Rihanna…but then I remember, you can’t have it all.
                          
10. Don’t Stop Believin’ [Glee Cast]
I still can’t believe this is actually on the Countdown
                            
11. Ego [Beyonce]
I don’t like it any less for the potential double entendre.
                               
12. Good Girls Go Bad [Cobra Starship feat Leighton Meester]
After repeat listens it’s not that good. But it’s not bad.
                       
13. Battlefield [Jordin Sparks]
If only the video could have been worthy of the song.
                             
14. Paparazzi [Lady Gaga]
Guess I’m one of the few not blown over by Lady. But her vocals are insane on this track.
                         
15. Boom Boom Pow [Black Eyed Peas]
Even sillier than it’s successor…but it has its moments. Many.
                   
Check out the actual chart here.
                
And then because the Billboard tracks are not what I listen to all the time. These are some non current songs I’m loving Laughing With God [Regina Spektor], My Heart Belongs to Me [Barbra Streisand], New Music [and everything else from Ragtime], A Call From the Vatican [and everything else from Nine], Later [and everything from A Little Night Music]
 
                     
What are you listening to?
              
And PLEASE VOTE...
and Contribute!

1 comment:

J708 said...

sweet dreams is a great one! dunno why they don't play it on the radio enough.