Saturday, 22 August 2009

Shutter Island Moves, Anahita Excels, Basterds Opens

Well by now you should have heard that Martin Scorsese’s much anticipated follow up to his Oscar winning The Departed, Shutter Island has been moved to next year February by Paramount Executives. This seriously pisses me off, because I was already tired of waiting for the Fall, now I have to wait for six months. This is terrible. I’m not really thinking of Oscar chances, since because Oscar doesn’t worship at Scorsese’s feet as they should they might ignore it all together. But this still annoys.

Some film enthusiasts have tried to discern the reasons. Check out these posts.

I’m currently working on a review of Pirates of the Caribbean which seems set to win the poll on the side of the page. Even if it didn’t win though I was planning on doing it as a gift for Anahita over at My Life in Film. And now that I heard she got into Oxford, she deserves a prize.

The Inglorious Basterds, Quentin Tarantino’s seventh film makes its American debut today, so in light of that here’s some posts relating to the film or Tarantino in general.
John over at The Movie Blog
Caitlin at 1416 and Counting takes a look at Pulp Fiction
Nathaniel at Film Experience
Sunset Gun does an interview with him


And finally, I came across this video the other day and it really made me depressed about the state of Christianity in the world. I sincerely hope that it's a fake...but I'm not sure.



Remember I said I was looking forward to Glee, here's an article explaining it again.

1 comment:

anahita said...

aww that's really sweet of you!!! I can't wait to read the potc review!! I watched it the night before results day (again) cos I was so nervous and just fell in love with it more.

and as for that viedo, despite being a christian myself, well, I wouldn't be surprised if that was true. xxx