Wednesday, 12 August 2009

Dear Reader...

Nothing much to say, just highlighting the two polls I've added to the sidebar. I decided I'd put two so there's one for everyone. Since the Period Film poll was not such a hit. My best friend tells me that I'm too elitist in my film choices and I need to become diverse so that more persons will be interested in the blog. So I'm throwing it out at you...which film [cringe] do you want me to review. I'm seriously worried you'll throw out something I never want to watch, but I'm being proactive. Do your worst.

And while I'm here. I've been thinking about this movie [and song] recently. But I also included another version. No it's not blasphemy. But it's always nice to hear someone else's take on the song...





Don't forget to vote, vote, vote, vote!!!!

4 comments:

Alex in Movieland said...

I'm probably the only person in the blogosphere who DOESN'T think Judy was that good in A Star is Born. She was ok, good, but there was almost no emotional connection. I much prefer the non-musical 1937 version of the film and probably even Janet Gaynor's performance.

MovieMania said...

Can you do Halloween (1978) or Mildred Pierce?

anahita said...

do pirates of the caribbean. it's one of my favourite films ever - and I say that with no shame. only do the first one though please, the other two aren't anywhere as good! xx

Encore Entertainment said...

@ Alex: It's not that I think Judy's acting is so good. For me her best performance acting wise will always be her bit role in Judgement at Nuremberg. I just meant that you her voice is kind of legendary.

@Anahita: If POTC wins the poll I'll review it. Even it doesn't I will. I know you're obsessed.

@ Movie Mania: It might have to be Mildred Pierce. I'll decide...