Monday, 24 August 2009

Calling All Readers

I had to repost this. Sorry for the technical difficulties.

I am obsessed with Katharine Hepburn. In the seven months I’ve started this blog, I’ve not highlighted my idiosyncrasies. Today the idea came to me that Katharine Hepburn rocks. More than I have already acknowledged to myself. As such, I’ve decided to hold the Katharine Hepburn Awards which will be completed by September 25th. The rules are simple, all of Kate’s films face off – the screenplays for each, her leading men, her supporting men, her featured women, the director. You vote for five nominees in each of the categories. You’ll be given two weeks…and then it’ll continue like a normal Awards race. I’ll count the nominees…post them sometime during the second week in September and then you’ll vote for your winner each category. It’s simple. Oh, I forgot to say, vote for five only and please be honest.













Thank you very much for voting, spread the word as much as you can – I want this to be as diverse as possible. Do you like the idea? Are there any other categories I should add? Which actors deserve their own awards? Speak up!

10 comments:

Alex in Movieland said...

I think you're gonna have a tough job getting votes on this one :) not all of us are familiar with all/most of her films. I voted, but in a category like Features Actress, I almost had no one to pick: either haven't seen them or they weren't worth mentioning there.

and you should've been more generous with Bringing Up Baby. It wasn't on her best performances list and neither on her best film. :) you are underestimating the love for it. I added it in the Other category.

Best of luck!

Encore Entertainment said...

Aaargh. That was an oversight. Definitely. Good thing you added it. I suppose others will add it too, but I'm fixing it...

anahita said...

Can you tell I love the philadelphia story?

For Your Speculation said...

Love, love, love Hepburn. This is a great idea!

Matthew Coniam said...

Really enjoyed this - I get the feeling that Philadelphia Story and Bringing Up Baby are going to dominate the results...

Lolita said...

A lot pf Philadelphia Story, Lion in Winter (such a superb film) and Guess Who's Coming to Dinner for me!
Katherine H is one of my absolute favorite actresses, no doubt about it. The documentary on the Philadelphia Story DVD about and with her is really insightful, pure delight to watch.

Encore Entertainment said...

Everyone Thanks loads for voting...I have not seen all her films...I've seen most though...all the ones up for Picture above I have seen... but I haven't seen A Delicate Balance, The Trojan Women and a few obscure. Glad there are so many KH lovers out there...and I hope you're spreading the word!

Locandiera said...

It's too difficult!!! She's always perfect, in every role!

Anonymous said...

I love this great and heart-warm Woman - I mean all her films are perfect - but see her eyes in "Woman of the year."
bb.dk

CrazyCris said...

I agree with the first commentor,... even though the Great Kate ROCKS! I'm afraid I haven't seen half of her movies... :o( But I still voted to the best of my abilities! ;o)