Tuesday, 5 May 2009

THOUGHTS...

Just had a gander at Down With Love...

Is it a good movie? Or is it a feeble attempt at one?



On good days, I love it... on bad days... I find it pretentious. It can be a little silly - and a tad bit unrealistic... but isn't that the point? Maybe. Still, Renée Zellweger and Ewan McGregor have fabulous chemistry and Sarah Paulson and David Hyde Pierce are very capable as the respective sidekicks. The costumes are a plus too... and the soundtrack warrants a listen including an original song Here's to Love!

I think this is a good film.
Am I wrong?






2 comments:

Walter L. Hollmann said...

NO YOU ARE NOT WRONG. I looove Down With Love. David Hyde Pierce is amazing in this!

Andrew: Encore Entertainment said...

In a perfect world he'd have gotten some awards buzz for his role.